Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General (Archived)
 PaternityAngel Forum :Archived Forums :General (Archived)
Message Icon Topic: What features should a mixed race baby have? Post Reply Post New Topic
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Topic: What features should a mixed race baby have?
    Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:02

I have a 6 months old baby for a all Amercian white guy now this guy is extremely white

with beautiful baby blue eyes, light brown straight hair and extremely handsome, i am a black

girl,  now my baby has a hispanic complexion, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes, and a

slightly straight hair which seems as if its going to be a bit curly and handsome too. now my

question here is is are those the features that a mixed race baby should have?. this is very

important to me i need to know. from your expereince what features should a mixed race baby

have?. i will appreciate any advise or suggestion that you all can offer me at this time, thanks

in advanced for your .help

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:02

Hi there, just read your add. Jade there is no real way to tell how a mixed race baby should look

like, because all could stem from genes in both your families. I have mixed race cousins in my

family. their mom is white with blue eyes and dark hair, and father is black, dark eyes and dark

hair. Both my cousins came out different complexions. Markal is 3yrs, darkish complexion and  he

has light brown eyes and straight hair with a bit of waves and looks like mom and dad . Alyssa is

9 mnths , lighter complex than her brother and she has beautiful green eyes with brownish /blonde

curly thicker hair and looks more like her dad . Completely different complextion and features

all together, but you can tell they are brother and sister because  they badly resemble

eachother. Genes in your baby will have also come from it''s  fathers parents and your parents as

your baby will have a quater of it''s genes from his grandparents. Or even further back in the

family and your baby could look like you more than the father.  Alyssa got her green eyes from

her mom''s mother (grandma), and her mom also had alot of blonde haired family members, sisters,

cousins, aunts and got her drk brown hair from her father. Also , skin tone can be diff aswell

''cause Markal took to his dad''s side with the darker skin tone and Alyssa with the lighter

tone. So eye color, skin tone and hair may not always be the same as the mother or fathers. So

don''t really worry about it, as long as you  know that is your baby''s father and there could be

no possibility of anyone else(i''m not tyring to sound rude im sorry) then your baby''s complex,

features etc are completely normal [hope i have helped with my family explaining lol ] :-)

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:02

Yeah... I am biracial and I have lighter skin and very curly brown hair and brown eyes. People

always ask if I am Hispanic.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:03

There is no way to tell what a baby will or """"should"""" look like simply based on a

hypothetical assumptions of race and mixed-race descendants.  There are all the genes from within

the gene pool to consider--from yours to the baby''s father to his parents and grandparents and

back to your own parents, grandparents, and so on--as well as other biological/environmental

inheritances to consider like moods, tastes, preferences, and dispositions.  The genes which your

child carries could include a significant feature or two from as far back as a great-grandparent

or relative on either side, his or yours and do not necessarily determine a """"typical""""

appearance.  You can never bank on one particular """"should-look"""" of a child because genetics

are not entirely predictable and children of all couples, interracial or not, are going to carry

traits of both parents to whatever extent in which the DNA grows.

You can ask around to get a better feel of or good sense of belonging for your child, but there

is no grouping individual babies into one kind of """"look"""" category.  As we all know,

interracial relationships will produce multicultural children, and the best we can do is to take

joy in their individuality and celebrate diversity.

IP IP Logged
Archive

my father has the same features (white,blue eyes ,straight lightbrown hair) and my mother is full

out black...i have brown eyes...very curly (hispanic textured hair)..and a light caamel

complextion...every1 mistakes me for being either puerto rican or dominican..its completly

normal...

IP IP Logged
Archive

my daughter has a biracial baby,  It is only 2 weeks old.  I was surprised to see
blue eyes and lots of thick straight black hair.   Will its eye color and hair texture change or

does it usually remain like it is when the baby is born?

IP IP Logged
Archive

I too understand how this all can be distressing!  My son is now 2 months old and when he was

first born, he was white as a ghost and had straight hair that in the sun looked half blonde. 

Now that he is older his skin is just a little darker and his eyes have lightened to blue.  I

know for sure that his father is  his father but do I get looks from his friends and family!  My

own too.  When everybody came to visit me in the hospital nobody knew what to say.  I felt

terrible for the first two weeks of his life.  My son has a half sister who was very dark at

birth which made it even harder.  Everyone expected him to look like her and it was not the case.

Reading this and knowing that there are other parents who feel the same has really helped me.  I

love my son no matter what he looks like and even if it is blonde hair and blue eyes like me :)

IP IP Logged
Archive

i have just had a baby who is now 8 days old, her father is halfcaste and i am white, she has

straight black hair and blue eyes me and her dad have brown eyes. will her eyes turn brown and

will her skin go darker?

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:04

It all depends!

All of us are born with blue eyes but dark peoples eyes turn brown within the first few months

after birth.

However, your baby could easily have blue eyes even if both of you have brown; it depends on your

own parents.  Your husband is mixed race, so one of his parents may have blue eyes.  You probably

have a blue eyed parent. Brown eye colour dominates over blue so thats why when blue and brown

eyes get together to make babies, eye colour will always be brown.  But when those blue/brown

children marry and make their own kids, blue eyes will pop up again - there is roughly a 1 in 4

chance.

(The only time to worry is when two blue eyed people have a brown eyed baby!  As brown eye colour

is dominant over blue, that gal will have been playing away!!!)

With regard to darkening skin colour, well, most of us get a little darker as we get older

anyway; I am half black half white and my husband is white.  Even with my honours degree in

Biology, and the infinite knowledge of skin colour that you get simply by being a West Indian

(!!!) I was surprised that my first boy was nearly the same colour as me (but with dead straight

hair).

Then when my second boy was plopped on my stomach I couldnt believe how pale he was!!  Like a

sheet of paper!  He is a bit darker now, but my goodness, I wouldnt have known he was mine unless

I had seen it for myself (JOKE!).

IP IP Logged
Archive

I have a close friend who had a one night stand with a girl who was around the block. The chance

of my friend being the dad is 50/50. the other guy is a white guy. the girl is white. my friend

is black and a willing father.

The baby has been born and no one can tell if he is mixed or not. Its so tense right now at the

hospital. no perternity test yet, Any ideas on what to look for?

Milton
Cleveland OH

IP IP Logged
Archive

Hi, I too have a mixed baby.  I am white and my husband is black.  My baby has straight dark

brown hair and blue eyes.  My husbands eyes are brown and mine are green.  My mothers eyes are

blue tho.  Her skin color is so light just about as light as mine.  I know for a fact who her dad

is so you see with a biracial baby you never know what you''re going to get.  I have a friend who

also has a biracial baby and you would never tell the mother is white.  It all depends on the

genes the baby gets, that what I think.

IP IP Logged
Archive

i''m especting my first baby i''m white my babyfather is half cast so i really need some really

good mixed race names can any 1 help please

IP IP Logged
Archive

well this is not that hard if youre friend is black and the other guy is white the darker the

baby the more chance of youre friend being the dad..if the baby is white it''s the white guys if

the baby is half cast it''s youre friends hope this helps a bit lisa

IP IP Logged
Archive

I am white and have blonde hair and very light blue eyes; my fiance is biracial (black & white)

and has dark black hair and dark eyes.  We are expecting our first child and I am wondering if

there is any possible way our baby could have blue eyes like me? Or any another color besides

brown?

IP IP Logged
Archive

Quote Archive Replybullet Posted: 2007-Mar-15 at 11:05

It depends on your eye colour genes. Eye colour genes don''t only mean the eye colour you have,

but also the hidden genes that have been overpowered when you were conceived but could be

dominant in your baby. Usually there is a 25% chance of getting a particular eye olour if both

parents have the genes for both colours, in this ase if both parents have blue AND brown eye

GENES. It''s pretty hard to find out exactly if you have these genes, but you could take a look

at your family trees to find out if one of your parents or grandparents have blue eyes.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Let me add to my response... A couple I know has a mixed race baby with blue eyes, which haven''t

changed from birth. The father is completely black with no white heritage. So the baby inherited

most of her eye colour genes from the mother. This can happen through mutation of the genes. Gene

mutations happen all the time. Usually they''re not visible, but in this case it was. Also I have

seen mixed race children that have the appearance of only one race. IT CAN HAPPEN, due to the

unpredictable nature of gene mutation and natural chance.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Nikki,
       There are many factor that may contribute to your baby''s skin color, eye color, body

shape, facial accents, etc. The biggest of these factors is dominant genes. You see, if your

husband has dominant genes or has a hidtory in his family of the males having the dominant genes,

then your baby will look more like him. Being a mixed race individual myself, I really believe

that the baby will have dark blue eyes(or dark green), dark brown hair, and almost almond like

skin. Many times children tend to look exotically Spanish. Hope this helps. Either way, the child

will be beautiful. We can''t help it.

IP IP Logged
Archive

Davis,
        Great question! I''ve grown up exotically biracial myself. Due to environmental and

genetic factors, the baby''s hair texture will change. It''s all a matter of dominance on the

part of the mother or father''s genes. All babies are born without color in their eyes until,

with age and gene coaxing the dominant color sets in. Sometimes you may think the color is green

and then it suddenly looks dark blue or medium blue. You won''t really know until the baby

matures further. If the baby''s father is black, it is still difficult to tell the type of hair

since their are many black people with straight hair or that are just as mixed. The mixure(s)

within these particular individuals are often difficult to determine since their own gene

dominance is overwhelmed by their skin color. Just as there are many types of White people, there

are many different types of Black people as well. Hope this helps. Congratulations on the new

addition.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version